Our Program Founders & Commitment to You!
Founded in 1998, Helping Hands for Better Living CBAS is the destination for excellent services to the disabled…empowering and improving the lives of those that possess physical and intellectual challenges. We exist to create experiences in which hands come together with purpose and dedication. To do this, we make it a point of staffing the CBAS with a highly educated, well-trained team of individuals...whose value is honored and supported.
We strive to provide our participants will a successful program experience that will last a lifetime and ensure happiness in their lives and those around them. We aim to:
- Empower and improve the lives of those that possess physical and intellectual challenges.
- Provide an environment that develops the skills needed to become a more independent adult within the community.
- Service families and participants in a caring, nurturing and professional environment.
• Full-time R.N.s, L.V.N.'s & C.N.A.'s
• Full-time Staff Physician
• Full-time Social Workers (MSW's)
• Full-time Activity Coordinator
• PT, OT, and Speech Therapist
• Program Director & Administrative Team
• Psychologist & Behavioral Aides
• Registered Dietitian
• Chef and Kitchen Staff
In Memory of Our Founder
Dr. L Jeanette Tatum August 5, 1933 - March 26, 2021
We pay tribute to an industry pioneer and founder of the first Adult Day Health Care Center in Orange County specializing in serving severely medically impacted adults with developmental disabilities.
As President and C.E.O. of Helping Hands for Better Living, L Jeanette Tatum (Dr. J) has positively impacted the lives of over a thousand individuals. The center program participants, their families, and caregivers, the staff/consultants, and employees, as well as our community and neighbors, have all experienced her love of the Lord and great wisdom. We will miss her deeply.